View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
Miss Cat Ears
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default he doesn't cry... but I still have a question

So, this little guy is 10.5 weeks old and when I leave the room he doesn't cry (he stays in my bedroom where it is puppy proofed). When I left him in my boyfriend's bedroom in his apartment, he cried bloody murder. Of course, this was less than 24 hours after we got him so surely he was just scared and upset.

Coming from a litter of 5, I thought he would be a lot more prone to whining and yelling when left alone, but I don't think he does at all. Now when I walk in the room and don't drop everything right away to let him give me kisses, he cries. When I have food (I always eat at the computer in here), he cries. Today I grabbed my jar of coins and shook it at him because I don't want him eating people food.. I didn't shake it all that suddenly or loudly but he ran to his pillow and pouted until I was done.

Anyway, my question is, what should I be doing and avoiding to keep him from crying? I mean... to make sure he doesn't start crying like a baby when I leave him alone. The breeder had him on Purina, I have him on Natural Choice... but he loves Purina better so I grab a few pieces and toss them to him when I leave. He seems to like that and it keeps him from running out of the door. But I would hate to have him get lonely one day and start disturbing my roommates.

He's not a barker, I've only heard two barks from him the entire time I've had him. Since he isn't a cryer now, does that mean he probably won't ever be? Will the jar of coins make him cry (for whatever reason) or make him not like me? :S I am thinking about this a lot today for some reason..
Miss Cat Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!