View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 07:15 AM   #36
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibaehr View Post
Hi there,
I strongly recommend you neuter your new male. Two unneutered male terriers in your home will be very difficult down the road. Don't ever forget, these guys are "terriers" - not lap dogs. I would invest in some fencing so that you can keep the 2 boys separated - there are some good options on Amazon. It may seem innocuous right now but, when the puppy gets older, he may pose a danger to your older guy. And right now the older guy may pose a danger to the puppy. Every dog is different, but these terriers, you can count on them to be feisty. Enjoy your new puppy, just trying to help you to protect them. And I did look at your breeders website and she does recommend neuter at six (6) months of age. That makes sense, most breeders won't let a puppy go without neuter as they want to protect their lines. Trust what everyone is telling you after many years of experience. All the best.
Thanks but for the millionth time, I'm personally not interested.

The advice from this forum was communicated to vets and international show breeder(s) who did not agree with any of the statements re: future safety/fighting etc so I will take their advice over a pet forum.

I'm not aware of a website. I speak to people face to face for individual advice. What is there for the general public is of no interest to me.

Hope this settles things. I will block anyone who goes off subject as I think I've made my position clear numerous times.

I'm sure others who ask about neutering, specifically, will benefit from a separate thread.
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!