View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 04:35 AM   #35
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
On behalf of the OP, she is looking for suggestions, advise on introducing her older yorkie who has been the only dog to the new puppy, also this is the first time she has ever had 2 dogs, she is also looking for some positive input on owning 2 yorkies.

Yes, we are passionate about unaltered males (and unspayed females) advise on that is helpful but, no one has offered ideas, suggestions, advise on her original thread.

Can we do that please, can we help her with her older baby accepting the new kid.

Give YOUR experience and how you handled introducing a new baby with your older one.

There are multi members with multi yorkies on this board, lets pitch in and offer some suggestions to a new mom that is now owner of 2 yorkies.
I think that most responsible pet owners on this forum have altered pups. It is not about being passionate on a topic. It is the BEST advice I have to offer a person who has not had two pups before and certainly not two intact pups. This can be a recipe for disaster.

We don't have an obligation to sugar coat something that we know can be, and is likely to be in the future, dangerous to the pups.

Just like anything else, if a person does not like the advice given, he/she can just ignore what is not liked and go with the others; which I am quite sure will be the minority. Perhaps he/she should go to a breeder forum for this advice? They keep intact dogs ....but, of course, they are usually separated as breeders know how things can turn out.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!