View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 12:31 PM   #15
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTeddykins View Post
From internet: Yes, 2 intact male dogs can live together when they have a responsible owner. However, depending on each of their personalities, they may or may not live in harmony together.02 Experts recommend adopting a dog of the opposite sex, but it is up to the owner to really get to know their dogs and be ready to recognize any signs of tension between them.2 Neutered dogs are less confident and more anxious than intact dogs.

This last part would be a worry for either one of them! I already have this issue with Teddy and don't want this for 2 of them.
Neutered dogs are absolutely not more anxious and less confident that is a complete myth. Where did you hear that from? One of the biggest reasons to neuter other then just its healthier and they live longer is because it is almost cruel to have in intact male that can smell a female in heat and not be able to mate. They can smell far farther than we can and they not only are more likely to run away because of it they are also more likely to do stupid things trying to get away and get hurt. I am not really sure why your breeder would tell you absolutely not to. There was even a more recent study released from the UK again confirming neutered males live longer than intact males.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!