View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 10:48 AM   #11
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Male dogs should be neutered for the reasons listed below unless you intend to use your dog for mating. It is not wise to have two intact males due to aggression towards each other, there could be many fights over who will be the dominant one. I have read as an intact male gets older they lose some of that aggression. To say Teddy at 9 years old will not be aggressive, I cannot vouch for that. I suggest neutering Nelson when he's 6 months old, but check with your vet for the proper age. Nelson being intact WILL BE the aggressor.

Benefits of dog neutering

Eliminating the risk of testicular cancer
Reducing, aggression, marking and humping
Calmer behavior due to decreased testosterone levels

When To Have Your Dog Neutered
dogs can be neutered at any time after 8 weeks of age, veterinarians recommend waiting until at least 6 months old.

No one loves the idea of having their fur baby undergo surgery, but as dog parents we have to do what’s best for our pets.

Since Teddy has anxiety issues, as Nelson gets older and is still intact, he will sense this and "could" instigate fights.

Thanks! I'm not going to neuter them, unless absolutely necessary as per breeder advice, but I appreciate the advice! It is under consideration!

Last edited by SirTeddykins; 03-20-2023 at 10:53 AM.
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!