View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 03:52 AM   #15
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdog View Post
We have been discussing a friend for Sasha. We don't know how she would react. She is nine years old, will she accept a puppy friend? We've been looking at Partis. They are so cute! I told Toni I wanted to get two.
I had 3 girls, all 3 years apart, the baby was 6 years old. The 9 and 12 year old died 6 months apart. The baby was just that, the baby. The two older ones spoiled her rotten, always gave in to her. The 12 yo was he first to pass, 6 months later the 9 yo left us. The baby went into deep depression, she was my little clown, the Diva, her personality changed drastically. I gave her 6 months to adjust to being the only fur baby.

7 months later no change. I didn’t know how she would react to being a momma since she was always the baby, the diva, a very bossy lil girl, but she needed a BFF.
I had everyone looking for a puppy for me. My cousin found one, I went to see her, she was huge with big German Shepard ears, twice the size of my bossy child. I bought her because I knew no one would buy such a big yorkie and 2-I knew Miss Bossy wouldn’t boss this one around.

When I came home and set this puppy down, my lil Diva ran to her like she was a long-lost friend, jumped all over her, licked her face, the bond was instant. My lil clown was back.

These two were inseparable, Miss bossy had to sleep in the same bed with the puppy, she never let that puppy out of her sight. Made me cry to see how lonely my lil diva had been all those months and how happy she was to have a BFF back in her life. She was a good momma, just amazing. They had 8 fun filled years together, I miss them both so much.

We don’t realize the impact it has on a dog when they lose a BFF.

Parties are beautiful yorkies, I would love one for myself. I don't know about getting two at the same time. My thoughts, get one, Sasha will bond with the new puppy, 6, 7 months later if you still want another Partie then get one, but give Sasha time to adjust to a new kid first before you get a 2nd one.

Just my opinion and what I would do.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!