View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #1
Gracie'sMommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default RP: I'm worried that Gracie is pregnant!

OK Gracie is 16 months old, and Griffin is 5 1/2 months old. My vet told me I had to wait until Griffin was about 6-7 months to get him fixed, and I was going to get Gracie done at the same time.

A little background here...originally I got Griffin to breed with Gracie one time, then on his first vet visit (which Gracie was also there to get shots) I found out that she was only 3 1/2 lbs (my scales at home had her at 4) and that he recommended I do not breed her because she's too small. Plus, Griffin is bigger than she is, he was 4 1/2 lbs. at his last vet appointment and is estimated to top out at around 5-6.

SOOOOOOO...I've been watching them closely in the evenings when they play together, and keeping them apart during the day "just in case". Today, I happened to take a good look at Gracie and she looks fat! Now keep in mind she is pretty thin usually, and when I looked down on her I thought her back looked filled out more. I picked her up and I swear she feels pregnant!!!!

Is there any way to tell other than taking her to the vet? I'm very concerned because I have no idea when it could have happened, how far along she could be, and my main concern is that she is too small to handle puppies of Griffin's (or any puppies, period).

HELP!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!