View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 02:48 PM   #9
PILOTthePuppy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Oh!!! I am SO happy to hear this! I know he will be happy to be home and you will be as well.
Keep positive thoughts...he may not have any gi issues. It does not always happen!
This is so wonderful!
Thank you!

We’re happy he’s back, but it seems his recovery will be slow.

I brought him home and he was super drowsy, wouldn’t really walk around. They gave him some anti anxiety medicine, I suspect it’s partly that. All he wants to do right now is currently sleep. He’s shaking a lot too when not sleeping. Luckily no coughing just a little noise breathing.

His severe luxating patellas seems giving him issues. I’m sure he’s in pain and he’s really holding his back knees together. I tried to get a little Galliprant into his system but he didn’t want to take his little pill pocket.

The ER gave us some liquid buprenex for pain, and he’s not really eating yet so I can’t give him his compounded hydrocodone.

I’m hoping the buprenex will help him be out of pain while he mends and I can get him back on another painkiller like hydrocodone or lomotil.

As far as eating, I got him to eat a little pumpkin purée and a tiny bit of cod fish but he really had no interest. They fed him the low fat G/I prescription dog food at the hospital but I don’t have that currently and feed him a home cooked diet since he’s a calcium oxalate stone former.

Any tips or thoughts?
PILOTthePuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!