View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 11:21 PM   #7
tweetee
Yorkie Yakker

Hi, I just got a new puppy and she’s 11 weeks and 1.5 lbs. We’ve had her 4 days. Noticed she was not eating much on day 2. The next morning I woke up and she was completely out of it. I gave her some honey and Rushed her to the vet. When we got there, they checked her blood sugar which was 300 from the honey, and recommended a parco test. The test came back positive for parvo. It’s been 2 days since the test and we’ve been treating her at home with antibiotics, anti nausea and the hydration pack. My concern is whether she actually has parvo or not. She was vomiting (brown - looked like food) the first day we got her and we chalked it up to stress and motion sickness. She had a very long drive. She also has not had any diarrhea. Her issue seems to be being lethargic and we believe it’s likely from not eating. Breeder told us that none of the dogs from her litter have parvo. We brought her straight home and have never had a dog with parvo. She was vaccinated on the 18 of December and the breeder said the positive has to be incorrect and believes it’s due to the vaccine. The vet said absolutely not possible. I am so confused and stressed out!! I can’t find any info that says it’s a possibility for the test to come out positive due to a vaccine, in fact, I’ve only read the opposite. Sorry for the long post/vent session. Hope your baby is ok.
tweetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!