View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 04:11 PM   #6
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench17 View Post
Thanks for the response! We are now back on the anti-inflammatory (starting it tonight) for 2 weeks and a sucralfate to help calm her tummy. Within a few days to a week, I hope to see some improvement. We will also be limiting her movement as much as possible. I discussed IVDD with my vet and she said that's possible, but it doesn't usually show up on an x-ray unless the slipped disc has calcified.

I had a corgi many years ago with IVDD and it presented with much more dramatic symptoms (loss of back leg mobility, incontinence, etc). My little girl is currently functioning at about 80-85% of her normal energy, but I do notice her holding her head down and sometimes arching her back/dropping her tail, especially in the morning when she first gets up. She's also been reluctant around stairs and furniture and avoiding her usual "zoomies" around the house. So while her symptoms haven't been that severe, it's been enough to make me wonder what's going on. I'm hoping that if it's IVDD, it's a relatively mild case and a longer round of meds and lots of rest will get her back to her normal, bouncy self very soon.
Awesome! Sure hope it works....definitely a good plan of action. I have seen many cases like this!

Please let us know how things are going!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!