View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 06:09 PM   #1
patbaret
Yorkie Yakker

Default Strong and Brave

I did not know how sick my Yorkie was until I went to the vet and had to put her down with probable abdominal cancer.
12 years old and had chronic or 3 bouts of pancreatitis, which she recovered from. Chronic allergies, patchy dry skin and constantly lick feet.
Was in prednisone and antibiotics for colds and cough and skin allergies. Apaquil and temperil B for allergies for years.
2 days prior to vet visit she started having bouts of difficult breathing. Still took a little walk, ate drank and pooped and pea. Spent the whole night up because she had terrible breathing and had given her hemp oil which help. Brought her vet first thing in morning. I felt I was loosing her, but vet said get labs and X-ray. I had a smedgion if Hope that I could bring her home. No symptoms of resp distress at this time. Abdomen was distended and hard.
Labs were off a little, but X-ray showed large abdominal mass. Vet could do surgery, but I choose not wanting her to suffer anymore. She must spent months in silent discomfort but I really had no idea until it was to late.
I am glad I had the time spent with the most loving sweetest Yorkie. Wish I had known, I would if asked for a cancer test during her bout of pancreatitis. Terrible to see them miserable and feel the tumor started then. She also had anal gland expressions done frequently.
Just wondering if anyone relate with not knowing how sick they may be before it’s to late. Just wish they could talk. I think cancer can be a silent killer for sure.
patbaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!