View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 02:12 PM   #12
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRanger View Post
We definitely have plans to get out of the house. I've been caretaking all this time, and the silver lining I find is that now I'm not. One thing I observed in my parents and my friend who's a widow is, it gets easier as the more dogs they lose. Too easy, I think. They're ready to let their dog go, and the fight isn't even necessarily over yet. To get another dog (or even another Yorkie), I want to go all in again. But then again, I also don't.
I have lost 4 yorkies over a period of 25 years. One died at home, one in vets hospital, two I held while the tech injected them and ended their lives.

NO it does not get easier when you have lost several babies. My last girl was 17 years old, 2013 I had to let her go to Rainbow bridge. For 6 weeks I could not drive, I was a hazard on the road, all I could think of was the call I received from my vet saying to come in and say my good byes. I would have to pull off the road I was crying all the time, so I just stayed home. I still cry over her loss, but I can now look back at happier times and smile, but my eyes still tear up.

People grieve in different was. Some get another baby right away because it helps them heal their loss, and they just need a BFF fur butt, there are some people that never want another dog period. So please do not think losing many fur babies makes it easier.

Last edited by matese; 04-06-2022 at 02:14 PM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!