View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 08:00 AM   #10
desertangel
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRanger View Post
Now I'm dealing with, when is it time to move on? And how? Ranger and I have been apart for longer than this before. I might need to reconnect with my friend who's a widow and since remarried.
Move on when you are ready... I'm struggling with this too. I don't cry 100 times a day anymore, but I have been more tired. I'm at the acceptance/depression stage of grieving. Eating a lot of Hershey's and drinking a lot of coffee. Also looking on Petfinder, but it's too soon for that. I still want to move. We are in a lease with 9 months left. It's empty and lonely and because I'm a renter, I can live somewhere else, so the idea of leaving the place where she died appeals to me in a sad way. I have a newish partner and I feel bad for him because I have not been myself, in fact, ever since the fatal liver cancer diagnosis in 2020 I've been on a bit of a roller coaster... and now I'm just plain wiped out. I had a deep bond with my dog and she was a fairly sickly dog her whole life, but she was tough and a fighter because I helped her and encouraged her to fight. Now I just feel bad that she was so sickly and want to be happy that she is "in a better place" but I miss her and always will. Like I want to watch some sappy dog movies.

Anyway... don't want to hijack your thread, so I offer you this:
Just try to stay busy and get out of the house... take some road trips when you can, that's all I can offer right now, but I''m totally with you.
desertangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!