View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 06:53 AM   #8
desertangel
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRanger View Post
Ranger had collapsing trachea, which gave me a scare 4 years ago. I thought that might be it for him. That complicated my handling of Ranger's end-of-life situation, since I had so many false alarms that this is it before, I wouldn't 100% listen to people who would talk about "he had a good life" and stuff. I had heard all of that before. He had gotten through 5 other health scares before, and while I knew eventually there would be one that he would not, I believed he could get through this one, too. Unfortunately, not this one.

I still have vet discharge instructions on my desk dated March 1st. I have paw prints on my kitchen from when he tracked in mud. I'll be darned if I ever clean those up.
My Jessie had gotten through several health issues and scares as well and I thought she could get through this one too. It is heartbreaking and a bit of a shock when that happens. After all, it just seemed like kennel cough. It was that last xray that was the real grim results. Her 2020 diagnosis of diffuse liver tumors was a heck of grim diagnosis, but I wasn't told to not let her suffer like I was told this time, I was told that each dog is different in terms of how they handle that disease, so we enjoyed another 19 months of love and fun together after that. Like you, I had taken Jessie to two other vets recently and neither one of them caught the heart murmur that indicated her heart had enlarged and was squeezing off her trachea. Heartbreaking, truly.
desertangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!