View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 09:42 PM   #1
LordRanger
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Trouble breathing, and don't know why

Hello all, this is LordRanger's human. I have to post on his account on his behalf, since sadly, he is in the ER right now in an oxygen cage. Short of a miracle, the next thread I start will be in the In Memory Of section.

He's almost 15, was active on yorkietalk a long time ago. Just suddenly one morning, he started heaving for breath. And the vets don't even know why. They ran through blood work, x-ray, and cardio, and his heart is not that bad. The only theory my vets have is pulmonary embolism (PTE), or a blood clot in his lung. But they have no lab to prove it. Right now he's away from me (on possibly his last night, but I'm not ready to stop fighting yet. Not when they don't even know what it is), in an oxygen cage, and even in the cage his pulseOx only rose from a 90 to a 93. He looks terrible; if not done. Gums are starting to turn purple. He's on fluids and antibiotics, in the hopes that these might treat a possible underlying infection or kidney problem impacting the (possible) lung clot

I thought I would continue my hail mary, and ask the forum here:. any other possible causes for an unknown breathing problem? No congestive heart failure, collapsing trachea isn't it, and it needs to explain why he isn't responding much even in an oxygen cage.

If you have ideas, please share. If you have any prayers, please share with God. He is a very loved dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!