View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #70
Tashasmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuzak
Its Monday afternoon...I had a long weekend with lots of stress. Lilys temperature got back to normal yesterday. She got more active if not too active I would say. She walks around the house , wants to go out few times during the night. Everytime I hear the puppy crying I go check on it. I am still not sure if its eating enough. When you say every 2 hours is it day and night.? Ive tried to feed every 2 hours or so but my baby often doesnt want to eat, just sleep. However, its belly looks nice and full and I make sure mom helps to pee and poh.
My other concern is Lilys appetite. She doesnt want to eat dry food. Should I substitute with other stuff? She loves everything else rice, beef, chicken, cottage cheese. Another question is can she drink Esbilac for pups? I got some for the baby because I was afraid it doesnt want mommas milk after she started the antibiotics. Can I mix it with water and give her some?
I also have a question about the Bene-Bac. What is the dose for the puppy and if it should be repeated. I gave the puppy couple drops twice.
My Tasha went through a spell where I couldn't get her to eat her dry food..I even tried mixing it with cottage cheese, hamburger and rice with carrots ect..she wouldn't eat it. So I kept dry food down for her and fixed her what she would eat. That lasted for about a week then she went back to eating her dry food but I still gave her all the other stuff she liked to eat as well. I also gave her 1 tums a day divided in half once in the morning and once in the evening.
If the pup looks full, isn't dehydrated and pees and poos it's getting enough. If he isn't wanting what you are supplementing every two hours I'd say its getting enough from mama..so you might want to try ever 3 or even 4 hours day and night. If you are weighing the pup and he is gaining weight he is getting enough. I woudln't give the mom any Esbilac instead I would give her cottage cheese along with the beef rice and everything else you've been feeding her. I think I answered all of your questions..good luck.
The antibiotics won't hurt the babies so you are safe there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!