View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 01:44 PM   #15
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Those were my exact thoughts when my sweet Matese had to leave me.
I had lost several and it doesn't get easier.
I have had small breed dogs all my adult life, 1980 I got my first yorkie and fell totally in love with the breed. When Matese was gone I didn't know if I could live without a yorkie fur baby, but I wanted to try. The pain in my heart was so severe I truly thought I would have a heart attack, I told myself no more dogs, I can't go through this again.
Well life has a way of throwing a monkey wrench in our lives. 6 weeks after Matese was gone my vet calls me, her rescue team just got a surrendered male yorkie, 2 1/2 years old. I gave here all the reasons why I didn't want another dog, she kept begging me to "just see the dog", the only way I could get her off the phone was to say ok.
All my puppies were females, I knew it was safe to "just see the dog" because I knew I would never own a male dog.
When I went "just to see the dog" here was this lil tyke running up to any tech that came in the room as if saying are you my new mommy. My heart just broke for this little boy, who could just throw this baby out of their life.
So, home he came with me. This boy rescued me, I was in a very dark place, he bought the light back to me.
I do worry "what if", I don't want Cody to have a 3rd family, so I pray every night. Cody helped me heal over the loss of Matese, he is a smart, wonderful lil boy. I was blessed when my vet thought of me when she got Cody, he is my 5th yorkie and my first perfect lil boy.
So I pray every night.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!