View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 05:05 AM   #1
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Just signed up for PawP for emergency vet care

Pawp is a new kind of vet service where you pay 19 per month for emergency vet consultations 24 hours a day. They also will reimburse you up to 3k if you have to take you pet to an emergency vet hospital. It also covers multiple pets for that one low price.

Last Thursday, Duchess has blood in her stool, so I took her the vet on Friday. They prescribe metronidaloze and metoclodpramide. I gave her first dose on Sunday morning. I'm not sure if was coincidence or an allergic reaction but Duchess would not stop panting and would not stop licking. I knew the licking probably meant nausea but I wasn't sure what the panting meant.

I could tell she was in discomfort but she was sending me mix signals. She was still energertic. She still had a good appetite and she was still playing with the cat. However, when she wasn't distracted, you could tell she was experiencing some discomfort but she was still very active at the same time. It reminded me of when I had a toothache.....not life threatening but major discomfort.

I hate situations like this because you are not sure whether to rush them to the emergency vet or wait and see if her discomfort subsides. Duchess is okay and because one of the meds caused some nausea and some other side effects, the vet from pawp thinks she was having a mild reaction.

After a few hours, she was okay. That video call saved me 175.00 at the emergency vet because I was that close to going to the emergency as my vet was closed.

It's times like that where I wish I had someone to see her behavior and help me decide when it's not obvious if she is in pain but you know there is something not quite right. PAWP does just that. i could have a video conference with them and I can upload as many videos and talk to them as often as I need to 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. And if I have to rush any of my pets to the emergency vet, they will cover up to 3k............their goal is to make it easier for people to get emergency care for the pets without having to worry about the cost. I hope it lives up to it's promised because I love being able to contact a vet 24 hours a day for consultations about anything not just emergencies.

Last edited by yavenay; 09-13-2021 at 05:09 AM.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!