View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #3
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella7808 View Post
I'm just sharing this story. Bella has always used her pee pad indoors for the first 2+ years of her life. We started introducing outdoor winter weather last year for her toilets, she learned very quickly.

Now she doesn't want to use her pee pads and it's right next to her bed. It surprised us when we saw her pee pad dry and that she is capable of holding her bladder for 12 hours overnight. Her behavior has changed. She would wait at the front door to tell us it's time to go for a walk, lol.

Our vet suggested that we take her out just before bedtime for her last toilet then it wouldn't be such a rush in the morning to get her outside and hard on her bladder. Also she doesn't like to pee in our backyard. She actually has to walk down a couple of streets and find the right spot to do her pee and poo one after the other and does her circling around before she goes, so picky, sigh! She's trained us well, and we thought we trained her, lol, haha. Just curious has this happened to anyone else? I would enjoy hearing your stories. Thank you.
All my puppies were 100% house broken at 7 months old. I prefer them to go outside rather than use pads. And yes, in hail, sleet, snow and rain they went for their walks with their proper protection.
Walking them is wonderful for them, they get to smell everything the yard doesn't have and stimulates them to potty. I think it's great at 2 1/2years old Bella has trained herself to use the great outdoors. And yes, they do have us very well trained lol.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!