View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 10:35 AM   #1
cpuff35
Donating YT Addict

Default Liver Shunt Surgery -- Would like input/feedback

Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted on YT as it's been super crazy busy these last few years.

In any case, to make a long story short, I received a call today that most likely my lil Titus may likely have liver shunt following his bile acid test and bloodwork they've done . The doctor mentioned to confirm that he has liver shunt, additional testing is required(i.e., ultrasound or CT scan). Since the first ultrasound done was inconclusive and reading past post from others, it looks like I should request for a scintigraphy to be done first.

Also based on previous post it looks like Dr. Karen Tobias at U of Tenn is the expert on liver shunt surgery. Therefore, I would appreciate if anyone can advise or provide feedback on the following:

- Should I have further work-up done near my local vet hospital first [Note: I am based in NJ], before seeing Dr. Tobias? What other test(s) is needed?

- Has anyone taken their furbaby to Dr. Tobias recently to have the liver shunt surgery performed (what is the expected cost if you don't mind sharing).

- If you have any tips or advice, I would really appreciate it.

- If any of your furbaby had their liver shunt surgery performed in NJ or around the area, please feel free to recommend doctor (and if you can share cost it would be super helpful)

I do understand that cost would vary depending on the diagnosis and surgery required....I'm just looking for ballpark figure as I need to manage household budget.

Thanks all!
Evelyn

Orion

Last edited by cpuff35; 07-17-2021 at 10:40 AM.
cpuff35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!