View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 09:22 AM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpal View Post
Piper is as stubborn as the day is long, but due to health concerns she MUST eat her vet-prescribed (smells great, canned chicken and rice) food. I supplement with pieces of boiled chicken. Here's my dilemma...If Piper has an empty tummy, she gets sick; it looks sorta foamy. So of late, I have been "force-feeding" her the canned food, i.e. open her mouth put in food and wait for her to swallow. I only do a few bites at-a-time and wait several hours between feeding. It's a process, but I am determined to keep Piper healthy and well and happy and if this is how we gotta roll for awhile, so be it. And she is doing so much better the last few days. I am open to better ideas and help, for sure!
I would be careful forcing food you would be better off talking to your Vet about giving Pepcid or something to help with the bile. I have found when mine don't want to eat there is normally a good reason more then just being picky. Joey if forced to eat will throw it back up generally because his stomach is upset and he does have the tendency to throw up bile on an empty stomach too. I would go over ideas and what to do with your vet. You would want her to choke or asperate her food.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!