View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 07:01 PM   #46
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhajou View Post
My yorkie Macy died 2 years ago almost 10 years old. She was on Royal Canine adult formula for many years and were switched to prescription Royal Canine by my vet. We got her from a reputable breeder and both her parents were Canadian champions. She got sicker and sicker as she got older and vet said she could no longer digest the protein. She passed away 1 day after being released from vet’s office. It was traumatizing.

I now have a healthy active Yorkie(not from the registered breeder) and was never sick as a puppy. When switched to adult Royal Canine, she started to have bloody diarrhea much like my previous dog and soon lost weight very quickly. Because of long years of ordeal with my previous yorkie, we are a member of a Facebook group who shares info. And I found many common issues with Royal Canine food, especially for the tiny yorkies like mine(Macy was 3.5lb full grown and Sophie is 4.25 full grown). Many owners of tinies shares the same thoughts on sensitive stomachs and RC food. And I believe my Macy’s cause of death also has some correlation to the food we fed her for many years, which was RC food. We don’t have that issue with hills science sensitive formula currently. Sophie gained the weight back, active and healthy as ever. Vet also recommended continuing to feed the hills science food. Of course We will never know for sure RC food is bad but after my experiences, I will never feed my dog RC food.
Not every food works for every dog like human diets but what bothered me is the false claims you were making like not having enough nutrients and stuff.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!