View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 04:49 PM   #2
Bluebells
YT Addict

Can I ask you a few questions to try to clarify the situation?

1) What kind of antibiotics were prescribed for your dog after the anal rupture, and is he still taking them or, if not, was he still taking them when you noticed the current issue with appetite and apparent pain? And did the vet prescribe any probiotics while he was on the antibiotics? Antibiotics often have a side effect of reduced appetite and gastrointestinal upset.

2) What kind of pain medication is he currently taking? Pain medication can also cause reduced appetite.

3) Did the vet give you any input on what to offer your dog (food wise) right now? I understand that you’re anxious for him to eat something, but cheese seems an unwise choice, especially if there’s a possibility of something like pancreatitis developing. If your vet didn’t give you any ideas, you might want to try turkey baby food, boiled chicken, yogurt, or cottage cheese instead.

4) How soon are you expecting the blood work results? The few times I’ve had bloodwork done on my dogs or fosters, the results were in very quickly, and those seem really important right now. I think it’s likely they will point you toward what the problem is.
Bluebells is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!