View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 09:55 AM   #3
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebells View Post
Question: Is she actually acting frightened (cowerimg, shaking, etc) or is she acting more “clingy” (whining more for your attention than from fear)? If she’s frightened, I would guess that she had a bad experience on the steps, even though you didn’t witness it. But if she chases the cat up the steps but whines for your help other times, I would guess she’s feeling more clingy and wanting your attention. Could that be an effect of being isolated during the pandemic? You did say you haven’t had a visitor in a long time ... so maybe she’s feeling the effect of being shut in with very little human contact or variation in routine for a long time.
No she isn't fearful, she does shake or anything like that. She doesn't appear to be afraid of them as she will lay on the top step to take naps. We don't have company here but we go out every day for walks, to the parks and I meet friends for long hikes so she is getting plenty of exercise and socialization. We aren't totally isolated, we just haven't had any company. I usually meet people out instead of having people over because of social distancing.

Maybe it's just her getting quirkier as she gets older. Just recently the battery on the fire alarm was dying and would beep in 5 minute intervals. For some strange reason, the beeping scares her to the point of shaking. What's odd about this is that the beeping has never bothered her before. This is also new behavior. I don't ever recall her being afraid of the beeping on the fire alarm whenever the batteries needed changing.

So between being afraid of the beeping fire alarms and not wanting use the steps are two quirky behaviors that just started since this pandemic started. Both behaviors seem so sudden and without explanation. Other than that just seems perfectly happy. She lives a pretty stressfree life.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!