View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 07:33 AM   #1
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default uggghhh, Duchess doesn't want to use her steps anymore

I have steps to the couches and to the bed. She has been using her steps for 7 years. She is 9.5 years old and still very hyperactive. She jumps, runs, chases Chloe my cat so I know it's not due to anything physical.
In fact, whenever her and my cat are playing, she has no problem running up and down the the steps to chase Chloe and sometimes she actually sleeps on the top step as they have a soft fleece covering the steps

However, if I am just laying on the couch or in the bed, all of sudden she starts whining for me to pick her up. I never give in and pick up her (okay maybe occassionally ). I typically just tap the steps and she will eventually use them to get up on the bed or couch. I have never had to do that before. It's almost like she is suddenly afraid of her steps. To my knowledge she has never had an accident on them. I live alone so no one has done anything to her intentionally to make her not want to use her steps and with the coronavirus, no has been in my house for almost a year.....

Just curious as to why all of sudden she is hesitant about using her steps. I really don't want to get ramps because they seem so big and clunky and I don't have a lot of room for the bed and the couches. I hate when she jumps off the couches because she won't use her steps to go down, the couches are pretty low though. Fortunately she does not jump off the bed because that is much higher.

I can't figure this one out. I usually can figure out her quirky behavior but I'm at a lost on this one. She had her full yearly physical in November 2020 and she got a clean bill of health, She got a dental too so she also got bloodwork as well. Strange huh? Who knows what goes through their pretty little heads.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!