View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 01:43 PM   #10
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONIP44 View Post
I’m not sure how old this original post is, but my Yorkie (14 years old) is basically having the same exact issues (liquid diarrhea, weak/not being able to stand up/falling over, ultrasounds the same as described, lots of fluid in the abdomen etc). We saw an internist and she prescribed him prednisone which has significantly helped with the uncontrollable diarrhea and helped to keep food/meds down for the most part.

I’m just wondering if your baby made a full recovery or if it only continued to worsen?

Any help/suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
That is not something anyone could really predict. I think it is wonderful that the prednisone is helping. Hopefully your baby will have much more time left! All I can say is enjoy each day....

I have two siblings who will be 15 in June. Last March they both were poisoned by dog food (long story) but ended up in stage 3 renal failure and were not predicted to survive more than a few days to a month because they didn't respond to fluids, etc. They have not only survived but are doing quite well even though their numbers are still off. My vet calls it remarkable. I think you have to just treat the dogs, not the numbers....and I always think of that commercial for the cancer center that says we are not born with an exp date on our foot....Our beloved furbabies don't have one stamped on a paw.

My best wishes to you and your pup!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!