Thread: What if
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 06:13 AM   #1
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default What if

I have been checking boarding kennels in my area for “just in case” I have to be hospitalized for a period of time I have a secure place for Cody to stay. Out of the 5 that are fairly close in case of emergency 3 require Bordetella shot, well that wouldn’t work for emergency because Bordetella has to be given two weeks before boarding. Where I live Bordetella is not required for grooming, day care or any training school, only for boarding. I am against giving my kid this shot for many reasons. I will not have him take this shot for “just in case” because “just in case” may not happen this year, and I would not like to give him this shot and a booster shot every year for "just in case".

I came upon 2 boarding kennels that advised me against the Bordetella shot. One owner told me in 20 years of being in business they never had a case of kennel cough, the second kennel owner told me 18 years in business never a case of kennel cough.

What if a boarding kennel told you they did not require the Bordetella shot and advised you against it, would you trust their word or give them the Bordetella shot and booster shot 6 months later as required for most adult dogs anyway.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!