View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 11:31 AM   #10
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

I am sorry you are having issues with your vet. Cytopoint is not just a hyped up medication and it is not like apoquel it is an extremely safe medication that is not not filtered through the liver nor does it really have any side effects like apoquel. It is actually an amazing medication. I'm not sure I have every heard of it given for anything other then allergies but maybe her face is itching from allergies. We have to be very careful judging all medications because a dog we know of having had an issue on it doesn't mean its bad and sometimes that happens even with the safest of medications but doesn't mean the medications are bad and many have saved lives probably far more then have had bad reactions. Veterinary foods can be very beneficial and life saving just like medications. Food allergies are rare and for a dog with a true food allergy they have to either eat a veterinary diet or a homemade diet because any over the counter food your buy at a store will have trace amounts of all ingredients used in that plant which is enough to set off a true food allergy. Again I am sorry for issues with your vet but I think you have the wrong mind set of medications and such.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!