View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 09:44 AM   #19
PrincessBelle
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I had a pup who regurgitated water all the time.....they did a flouroscopy on him to rule out megaesophagus. He did have motility issues but it was some kind of issue with the nervous system....food was "seen" and the esophagus worked; but water was not "seen". He was put on numerous meds and did improve over time.
His chest rads didn't show anything....

Back to the diet. If IBD was diagnosed, I am quite surprised the vet didn't change that diet. You don't always see symptoms on a daily basis with IBD.... and food, specifically proteins, can definitely cause issues. You are giving three proteins....if you are giving them at different times, you might want to take note if perhaps one of them is causing these issues.

Another thing to consider. Has she had bile acid testing done? I had a pup who had occasional issues with regurgitation of his food after he ate.....it took some time before he was diagnosed but he had a liver shunt! He was an adult ... sometimes they don't have the typical symptoms of a shunt and it is entirely possible for them to have them into adulthood. He had surgery to correct the shunt ... he did also have IBD so was put on a hydrolyzed diet. He was about 8 at the time and lived to be 15.
I’m sorry I wasn’t clear about that. Her diet was changed. This is the 4th brand of food that she’s been on, and the only one that has stopped the diarrhea she had. The proteins she is on are the lowest three protein flavors offered by this brand.

She has not had bile acid testing done. I’ll ask her vet about that, too. The ER vet mentioned liver shunt last year, but I think (if I remember correctly) that was ruled out based on symptoms & labs. I could be wrong though.
PrincessBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!