View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 02:12 PM   #5
Jenna AK
YT Addict

After googling, nearest veterinary dentist is 5 hours away from me. I live near Brookings on the southwest coast of Oregon, does anyone happen to know of someone closer? I am an older lady who can't drive terribly far and on a limited income as a deli clerk in a grocery chain. I'd need to find financial assistance (other than Care Credit, whom I used to have but who caused me more trouble financially than they were worth.) I have no family to ask for help.

Feeling particularly desperate as this morning I can tell she's losing weight because she's not eating as often. The surgeon who did her procedure did an anal gland removal on my daughter's dog some years ago and wound up having to repeat it as he didn't get all the tissue the first time, but he only charged for anesthesia the second time. I would think if he messed up he would offer to do the same again, but I fear he doesn't think he messed up.

Could any remaining fragments be seen on xray? I know he took one film of her face after the surgery. Maybe he missed seeing something? Could any of this behavior have to do with her ears?
She's also licking her private areas a lot more than she used to. Could this be related some way?

This afternoon when she yawned I noticed the underside of her tongue seems a little fleshy white near the base where it attaches to the bottom of her mouth...like it's been rubbed repeatedly on something. For the most part she keeps it in her mouth but it's protruding out her left side a bit whenever she's sleeping or is uncomfortable. Despite being in some kind of discomfort, she insists on washing my arm after meals or when she's settling down for the night. Can't get her to stop, she gets upset, but it can't be good if something's hurting in there.

I feel very let down by her vet but there aren't any better vets nearby. Only one of his partners has suggested something like TMJ nerve pain/damage but of course the surgeon doesn't agree. I'm afraid he'd resort to taking what's left of her teeth and that's just going to cause more stress to her jaw. It's all very frustrating and I'm really angry about the whole thing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!