View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 07:05 PM   #1
Izzys dad
Yorkie Yakker

Default Its been a rough 24 hours

Yesterday I took her urine in to be tested as it was the first day off of antibiotics. They said her bacteria level looked good but there may have been some signs of possible blood sugar/insulin issues. They said it may be a false reading so to bring her urine in for another testing free of charge.
Yesterday she started heaving but did not actually vomit until this morning. I let her out to pee last night and she started eating dead leaves which she has done before. She pooped normally today. I did give her breakfast but nothing since. She has now vomited several times and she is vomiting foul smelling bile. Her energy is good, her gums look good, she is hungry. I feel that she got ahold of some animal poop on a walk as it is almost impossible to watch her at that level every second.
There is a good emergency vet 1/2 hour away and Ive taken her there several times over the years, but I hesitate to do it tonight as it seems like a normal purging of bad intake.
I always err on the side of caution, but I would rather wait until tomorrow and see how she does and talk to her regular vet.
Any thoughts are appreciated. Pumpkin? Food? I have some boiled chicken. Shes very hungry of course, having not eaten since breakfast. I just want to do the right thing, but I dont want to spend $300 to find out that this is 'normal behavior after eating wild animal dung'
Thanks for your thoughts.
No signs of dehydration.
Izzys dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!