View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 01:17 PM   #9
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydeHaviland View Post
Responding to a several of the above comments - with COVID neither his regular vet nor UC Davis will allow me into the office. CA is under stay at home orders which may be part of the issue. our regular vet said they had to literally hold him down. He was terribly stressed and under duress. BP reading ranged from 180 to 210. At UC Davis they got a reading of 150 but again he was being held down. Just so frustrating .... I am monitoring his heart rate daily which I was told is an early warning sign of disease progression. Since he seems to not tolerate the heart meds my instincts are his BP is not truly as high as the readings indicate. Hence my interest to try to do it at home where he is relaxed. I was even looking into a vet that does house calls but right now that is not a possibility given COVID.

Regarding the vomiting ... Yes he does have a regular vet. I will call them today but both nick and I think taking him into the vet yet again will add to his stress and historically stress for him leads to gastroenteritis (which he does have a history of). Will see if they will prescribe over the phone.

So horribly frustrating .... trying to give him the best care but it seems like it is making the situation worse.
I am so sorry.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!