View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #1
maggiefromnj
YT Addict

Cry Maggie has a brain tumor 😥

I'm beyond upset right now. we just heard from the vet with Maggie MRI results. It's a meningioma near her brain stem. She's is 10 years old and still healthy and perky on days when it isn't causing her to be sleepy or seemingly in pain. She had a persistent head tilt which sometimes make her stumble. Treated her for a month for suspected inner ear infection. No improvement so went to neuro.

It's not surgical. She thinks it's been there a while. The neurologist is guessing 2-4 months with medical manage ( steroids I guess,)

Radiation is an option we have to explore. No idea of the cost, but it looks like we could maybe get a good year for her. This vet thinks Penn Vet only does regular radiation which could be 20 treatments or more, with anasthesia each time. That many times with anasthesia frightens me, and I'm afraid it would change her personality. She would certainly learn to fear car ride. The other location of our vet does sbrt which could be much less treatments ( but more$$ I think). It is much farther ( 85 miles).

She is our baby. I can't imagine having to make the decision is when to let her go. I don't know what to do about radiation or not..... I'm just in tears writing this.

Last edited by maggiefromnj; 12-14-2020 at 08:46 AM.
maggiefromnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!