View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 08:21 PM   #8
jassy19
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Lymphangiectasia with IBD and PLE

Thank you for the well wishes. I am praying for little guy.

I believe he has lymphangiectasia along with 3 month chronic diarrhea (perhaps it is called IBD). The ultrasound showed a large mass and inflammation throughout his abdomen, but in particular the lymph vessels. My biggest concern is to stop the chronic diarrhea so he can gain weight.

My question is what to feed him. He is losing weight rapidly and is at 5.5 lbs from a normal 9+ lbs weight and lost 1.5 lbs in the last 4 days. I took the advice from this forum and put him on Prednisone for the last 7 days. He improved for the first 4 days on Prednisone but when I gave him a few kibble of a new food, Royal Canin Gastrointestinal low fat diet, he vomited and had diarrhea in the house and hasn't recovered since. The vet also prescribed Omeprazole, this must be to prevent gastro reflux from the Prednisone but I don't see other pups on Omeprazole with Prednisone. How long does it take Prednisone to work fully and stop the diarrhea? The prednisone did decrease the sweling/inflammation because his stomach is rather small now.

We are now feeding him by syringe whatever he will eat (rice/chicken with beef broth or his old Fromm wet food with beef broth). He surprisingly ate a few green peas and corn on his own tonight.

How do I get him to eat and gain weight? He is really unsteady on his legs sometimes. I've seen him fall over twice today while he was shaking his hair. It's mostly the hind legs that are weak.
jassy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!