View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 06:51 PM   #13
tbhajou
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I am glad you found the good home for the little one. You seemed to have done the right things before rehoming the puppy. I think if it needs to be done, then earlier is better so the pup has an easier time getting adjust to the new home.

I also suggest getting a puppy but prepare to wait. My previous dog was a year old when I brought her home. She was a beautiful 3.5 lb little girl with both parents being champions. Breeder told us she is too small to breed or show so we bought her when she was over a year old. She was very shy in the beginning and couldn’t quite bond with us. She also had health conditions and passed away a few years ago. She only followed me and no one else in the family. She had a happy 10 years life with us but after that experience, we decided to get a puppy this time.
Sophie, our new pup, is just really really affectionate little fur baby. Even with my doubts in the beginning(about being a pure bred yorkie) with coarse black hair, odd color coat and patches of bald spots from infection, she now is a year old, healthy and beautiful thick long coat. She is only 4 lb but just really well built with short chubby body. They are just amazing breed. They change drastically and beautifully as they mature.

If you are looking for a small puppy, be straight forward with the breeder and maybe pay a little more to be the first pick. I also tried this and asked for a small pup no larger than 6-7 lb(I used the growth chart and tried to make decision at 8 weeks old) but I end up waiting a year and gave up as the pups from this breeder was very large. And I think she had a long list of people who wanted small pups.
I think the growth chart online is pretty accurate so I suggest you use that as guideline if you are looking for certain size.

Best of luck to you in finding your yorkie pup.
tbhajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!