View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 05:43 AM   #9
tbhajou
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

My dog, Sophie is now a year old. I first thought like you about my puppy 7 months ago when I first brought her home. I was told that she was a European bloodline 5 months old yorkie pup.

When I first brought her home, I did notice a behavioural issue. She would not stop barking and running in full speed and bumping into things and trying to jump up everywhere.(like she was on a hyper drive) She did not sleep well and was in full energy mode at night. I had a yorkie before(she passed away) so I knew this was not a typical behaviour.

And I was very worried. I started to have many regrets including not getting the pup from a registered breeder. I thought this problem was because she was not bred well. She also looked little different than a typical 5 month old yorkie(she was just dark all around her face and body with almost no tan color). My previous yorkie was from a registered breeder and has a standard Yorkie look(black and tan as a puppy but turn golden and silver later) I even paid a lot more money. The decision to buy this puppy was on impulse, not really planned. So many thoughts crossed my mind.

First thing I did was join this yorkietalk and started to ask questions. And this really helped me find some answers. Also Sophie joined our family at a good times as all the family members were home when Covid 19 started. We had opportunity to monitor her. My daughter noticed that she kept scratching her ears and eyes and sometimes hear her cry in pain during her sleep. When we took a closer look, her Skin surrounding her eye lash were red and inflamed. I took a look at her ears and eyes carefully. And noticed she had dirty ears. Her ears were filled with black stuff and her eye lash area were red without hair with black crusts. It took few months for us to get it treated by the vet. Even after the treatments, she is still a very active dog but she can now be calmer and focused and sleep well when she wants to. We also got her spayed(thanks to the advise from the members) I think her improved behaviour may have to do with it. My Sophie’s case really worked out well for us with my daughter being at home to help us finding out what was really causing the problems due helpful guide from this yorkietalk.

From this experience I see why rehoming the pup can be an option too. I hope it works out well for both.
tbhajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!