View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 02:47 PM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliern View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Don’t know what a buddy belt is, but will look it up.
I plan to ask the vet about dna test at same time she gets spayed and chipped.
We are in our 70’s and have had 3 yorkies over the years and most of our family have or had yorkies, so we are very familiar with the breed. At 5 1/2 months, our puppy does not in the slightest resemble a yorkie. She has naturally short gray wavy fur. Sharp heavy whiskers and very thick muzzle. Everyone who sees her says what a cute schnauzer.
She does not have the run of the house since she is not paper trained. But she is always with us. I keep her on a leash while we clean, cook and eat since our rooms are all open. Pee pads are all around her within easy reach. She only uses one while we are in our sunroom. She won’t go use that one even when the doors are open to the rest of house. We have a very experienced trainer who will evaluate her next week. She doesn’t just chew or bite on things, she actually eats them. We sweep and dry mop the floors daily. But she is a jumper and keeps jumping until she can get the tv remotes, books, plants, lamps. So nothing is where it should be because she will get it and eat it. She ate parts of throw rugs. We were at the vets yesterday for X-rays because she ate something she shouldn’t. She chewed off the screw covers and on our doors and windows. Just now she chewed a hole in one of her toys and was eating the stuffing. I was right here with her. It is a well made Kong chew toy. Looked like she was just chewing on it like normal. Then I saw some stuffing and her mouth was full of it. She tried to bite me while I got it all out of her mouth. 😊
She still could just be a poorly bred yorkie. Sometimes to many pee pads can be just as bad as not enough but I only outside train so I’m not the best with advise for that. Honestly she sounds like a puppy. They generally eat and put everything in their mouth. She is hitting that age for her adult teeth to be coming in so her mouth may hurt. Bitting can be a normal puppy thing but the trainer should we able to help you train her that bitting isn’t ok. Make sure the trainer only uses positive reinforcement and not any physical punishment.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!