View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
Elliern
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default My “yorkie” is a schnauzer mix!

Ok. First of all this is my fault. I bought her from a pet store!
We had to put down our sweet Abbey at 15 years old in April. I missed her so much. So started looking at yorkie breeders within 2 hours drive from us. We wanted a female since our previous yorkies were females. There were none.
Then looked at rescue sites near us for a young female. There were none.
There is a pet store near a grocery store we go to at times. So one day we just went in to look.
They had 2 female “yorkie” puppies. They were 13 weeks old. One of them just loved us and begged to be taken home. She was bigger than her sister and her general appearance was slightly off. She was black with some tan markings but her body seemed too long. Her ears were mostly perked up. She did not have the little button nose and her coat looked more like fur than hair. The caretaker said she was going to be a little bigger in size, maybe 8-10 pounds and once her puppy coat was gone she would look great. We ignored the warnings and took her home that day. The next day the vet said she was very healthy and the lab work came back good.
She quickly became a wild child. Barks at everything and nothing. Escapes from all harnesses, so we can’t walk her. Yes we bought ‘no escape harnesses’.

Now at 5 1/2 months, It turns out she is a schnauzer mix!

She gets spayed Friday and then we have arranged for a trainer to come do 1:1 training. She uses pee pads in one room only. If she is not in that room she pees and poops where she is. Even though there is a fresh pee pad in every room.
When she is calm, she is playful and loving. But that is only about 30 minutes a day. Once on the morning and once early evening.
We have spent a fortune on her so far, but she is a huge handful for us. I have never re-homed a dog before. But we are talking about doing just that.
She is what she is...not a yorkie and that is not her fault. I honestly am very upset about the whole situation. Does anyone have some real wisdom (not criticism) to share?
Thanks
Elliern is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!