Thread: New visitor
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default New visitor

If it ain't one thing, it's another. New visitor, a weasel.
Since the possum and kitten battle I check the deck before letting the devil dog out, so last night all was clear, I call the beast to come out, he always comes flying out the door, ready to do battle, don't ya know, no sooner he comes out there's the weasel on the other side of the gated deck, not that it ran fast, I wasn't expecting to see an animal but caught a glimpse of it walking quickly towards my covered swing. Needless to say Cody went into a kill it frenzy. I always keep that side of the deck gated, so no fear he could get it. I finally got him in the house then took a broom to beat that swing cover (photo attached) I hate this new cover, it is very heavy material also the zipper only opens at midpoint. With the canopy off the cover is more awkward to open and I would have to get on my hands and knees with a flash light to actually see anything, not knowing what a weasel would do when scared I was not abcout to get on my hands and knees lol, so with my broom I beat at all 4 sides to scare it out, I heard thrashing around. I have some small heavy patio snack tables stored for the winter under the swing. It could have gotten out from one side that faces the lattice railing. I PRAY all that beating of the cover has scared it so it will never come back.

Then I hit google for weasels, they can be very dangerous with small pets, cats and dogs, they can even kill them if they fear for their safety. They will also attack a human if cornered. Good thing I didn't get down on all 4's, this thing was in the corner under the cover.

I have very very big tarps, I usually take that swing set it in the middle of one of those tarps then cover the entire swing then secure it with ropes, I am looking for less work for the momma this fall and spring and decided to just leave it covered knowing the cats would make it their winter nights home. Cats I can handle. It's a good thing weasels are nocturnal animals. I doubt they well sleep under this cover but I certainly will check it out soon. While I was researching 5 times Cody feigned, momma I have to pee pee. Of course I let him out, it was trouble he wanted to make, not pee pee.
To anyone that lives in a somewhat countrified area should check to see if you have weasels, they can and will kill a tiny dog if threatened or cornered.
Attached Thumbnails
New visitor-swing_cover__1604942001_63560__1604942001_12395.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!