View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
tweetee
Yorkie Yakker

Default Lock Jaw Need Help

My almost 11 year old yorkie female has lost 2.5 lbs. She weights 3.5 lbs and is skin and bones. We initially took her to the vet because she was having trouble walking. The vet thought she was having joint issues, so put her on meloxidyl and a muscle relaxer. We took her to a follow up visit she noticed the weight loss and gave us a high calorie food. Over the next week, I noticed she was having a hard time eating and looked like a chicken pecking at their food. Well after observing her even further, I noticed her jaw was not opening. Took her back to the vet and she mentioned cancer as a possibility because MJ had also been vomiting. She gave us more of the canned food and put her in a low dose of a steroid, plus muscle relaxer and antibiotic. It’s been about 10 days and no more vomiting, but she hasn’t gained any weight. She hasn’t lost any but she is still pretty weak and boney. Her jaw is still locked and only opens a tiny bit. She is sick of the canned food and won’t eat it alone. We have to syringe feed her. She wants to eat other things like treats and chicken or salmon, but we have to chew It or grind it down so she can eat the crumbs. I’m at a loss of what to do. I’ve searched the forum for lock jaw issues, but nothing came up in the search. If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it.
tweetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!