View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #1
windwalker
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Intelligence, how many things

Well wife and I were talking this morn on Gingers abilities and how many things she knew/could do. I've heard generally that dogs could learn, do approx 140 tasks so we started thinking in terms of Gingers jobs, shes my Service Dog. I am hearing challenged especially high freq, so I trained her for Direction, Timers and such. Oven goes off, Timer, Microwave, Coffee Maker and so on she tells me or Wife and gets one of her food kibbles (She thinks thats a "Treat"/ pay), goes potty 1 or 2 and many other jobs. Well it didn't her long to figure out, jobs equal pay and started finding work, She's a full fledged Right Wing Deplorable! Example, Cooking, Liz shows her timer, say pastry, 15 minutes, 12 minutes she get Liz, guess what, its done. Bacon, sausage and any meat (No timer involved) she tells her when to turn or done. Water Boiling, Oatmeal done, anything involving Stove or Oven she knows if it needs attention or is done. Trash Truck, Mail Mailman or Suspicious, she tells me which by different sounds, she even says Breakfast, Coffee, Supper and tells me when Liz puts eggs on, gets plate, coffees done. Theres so much more she does but just wanted to point out the only limit to Pups abilities is your acceptance and patience in training. And yes, she gets a tiny Greenie in morn after breakfast, a few tiny Milk Bones, Mini Brushing Chew after Supper. Her 1/3rd cup (9lb Pup) Fit & Fab Weight Pollack mix is broke down 3/4 divided in Breakfast and Supper and the other 1/4 is her Work Pay/Treats.
windwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!