View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 05:29 PM   #7
Yorkiepoo411
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavenay View Post
So about 4:00 am i woke up because I keep because Duchess was pacing back and forth frantically. She would jump up on the bed, they jump off and hide under it.

When I got up to see what was wrong she was trembling. I immediately thought she was in pain. I got up to walk around the house to see if she vomited or had diarrhea but I didn't see anything. The entire time I was searching the house, she stuck to me like glue.

At this point I am really worried but than I noticed when I picked her up, she would stop trembling and calm down but as soon as I put her down, she started trembling again.

So just as I was about to call the emergency vet, I noticed the smoke detector low battery warning beep and when it did that, Duchess almost jumped out of her skin. Than it did it again and now she started really shaking. She would only stop shaking when I held her.

So I changed the battery in the smoke detector and after several minutes, she was able to relax. I don't know how long she was terrified as apparently the the low battery chime started while I was asleep. It was the one in my bedroom and has a high pitched sound.

She's heard this before so I"m not sure why this time it seemed to scare her. This is definitely a first. I have never seen this alpha female terrified of anything. She would fight a 125lb Rottweiler if I let her. She slept up under me the rest of the night. She's okay but that was a little weird to see her that frightened. Something I will have to keep an eye on.
Poor baby! I am sorry that this happened to Duchess. I am glad that she's okay.
Yorkiepoo411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!