Thread: My broken heart
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 12:14 AM   #1
ally173
YT 1000 Club Member

Default My broken heart

In need of advice or feedback.
I lost my precious Ava this Tuesday.
2 weeks ago she started having bloody diarrhea and vomiting episodes with loss of appetite.
It was late evening and her vet was closed. We found a visiting vet that came to our house. She took blood and gave her metronidazole for the diarrhea. 2 days later blood work showed pancreatitis and infection.
I asked her if we need another antibiotics and she said no metro should take care of it. Diarrhea was getting better so didn’t think anything of it. Meanwhile the infection was getting worse and Tuesday she started having vomiting and diarrhea episodes. Called the vet and she said put her back on metro and withhold food. She wasn’t eating Anyway. Few hrs later she crashed and passed away. Was quick and i am still in shock and feel guilty for trusting this vet and failing my poor baby.
I am not sure what to think of this or if anything u should do about it. I just feel horrible.
How can a vet miss such infection and not treat it properly?
Could an antibiotic have saved her? I tried contacting the vet but she didn’t respond. I guess she doesn’t want to own up to it.
ally173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!