View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 11:13 PM   #1
bhanish
Yorkie Yakker

Default 4 yr old Yorkie with Kidney Disease

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure what I need from you, but I wanted to share some sad news I got from the vet. I was told it is very likely Whimsy has kidney disease. We're doing an ultrasound on Monday to see what exactly is going on, but the vet reviewed Whimsy's bloodwork for the last four years which showed high BUN levels for at least three of those years. I know his first vet noted the high BUN levels when he was a year old, but the vet said it was likely due to his high protein diet (he eats Orijen and freeze dried meats as snacks). Well, three years later Whimsy is vomiting about once a month and his BUN levels are still high. I'm not sure how much damage has been done—we find out on Monday—but best case scenario is that he has chronic kidney disease. I'm so devastated. My vet said this is probably why Whimsy has been so reactive.

All I can think is, could I have prevented this? What does this mean for Whimsy's lifespan? Is he in pain right now and can't tell me?

Anyway, I thought this forum would bring some clarity or at least some support. Thank you.
bhanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!