View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 07:07 AM   #11
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

My husband and I only go out first thing in the morning to shop for essentials during senior hours. We get to go into a newly disinfected store, and get a fresh cart. We, of course, wear mask and gloves, and have disinfecting wipes in the car. When we are done shopping, I get a fresh wipe to clean the credit card while my husband is loading the trunk. We wipe down the exterior of the car (door handles, etc.), then wipe down the steering wheel, interior and our gloves. When we get home, we have a table setup in the garage to sterilize each item as it comes out of the bag; then we put it away clean, or leave it outside for two days. We remove our shoes and spray them before we enter the house, then come in and wash our masks and change our clothes. We have a clean mask hung on the front door handle at all times so that we do not ever open the door unmasked.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but at least we can truthfully tell our adult kids who live far away and are worried enough to call and check every few days that we are doing all that we can. It has (for better or worse) gotten to be a habit by now, and although I wish we could give it all up, I just "let it go" and don't stress out.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!