Thread: Cat attack help
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 08:14 AM   #1
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Cat attack help

So the mighty hunter went out on the deck and found a young kitten hiding under the covered swing and attacked it. Thank GOD he is trained to LEAVE IT after screaming to the top of my lungs numerous times. I checked his face / eyes immediately, there is a tiny scratch near the corner of the lower eye lid, thank you GOD his eye didn't get scratched. Just a little blood from a small scratch. These are feral cats, they roam the woods, kill, eat whatever. I called my vet, of course you never get to speak to the vet. The receptionist couldn't get a tech to tell me what to put on the scratch, they were all busy but will call me when one is free.
My concern is infection setting in while I wait for this call. I cleaned it with just water, it's to close to his eye to use soap. I don't have Bacitracin in the house because I use a prescription antibiotic for cuts, I don't know if Bacitracin is safe for dogs especially so close to the eye.

Can anyone suggest something I can use until I get this call back which could take hours.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!