View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #5
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

I guess my experience has been completely different. Mine have never been nippy or aggressive. I wouldn’t allow it anyway. I think most of the time it all has to do with training and many people don’t train their yorkies and think it’s cute when they behave badly. I make sure mine don’t get aggressive by making sure to mess with them when they have food, I will randomly take their toy or chew of course I give it back but it keeps them from getting aggressive over things. Now saying that, sure mine get away with a lot and I’m not a drill sargent but training is a huge thing. My moms rescue yorkie was kind of food aggressive when we got him but we worked with him and he lost that. Penny and Ollie started getting very barky during this whole lock down thing and I have been able to get them to stop when I tell them thank you but it took a few weeks. Yorkies get a bad reputation for being stubborn but if you find the way they train best and work with that they are extremely trainable but you have to put in the time. Mine are definitely not fragile either Penny 16 pounds, Ollie 15 and Joey 14 pounds. They were unwanted because they were bigger. Penny absolutely loves kids but they all do very well with them. We had a family reunion and all of them were great with my 2 year old and 3 year old cousins. My 3 year old cousin wouldn’t stop crying because he was being made to take family pictures so we asked him if it would be better if Penny came and sat with him and so she is in all the pictures with him lol. Mine are not the terrible stereotype people put on them but I have worked hard to make sure that doesn’t happen. Joey is actually almost ready to submit his video to become a champion trick dog.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!