View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanajoy View Post
Try to take one day at a time, and let them work it out. Maybe Joey or Ollie did not feel they could challenge Callie, but they might be tempted to go head-to-head with Penny to assume a position of leadership. As long as no one is getting hurt, I would suggest taking a step back and letting things adjust and settle.

As far as Penny and fireworks, don't worry that far in advance. Yes, she may have a more dramatic reaction than ever, but she might just surprise you and have a manageable level of stress only for the limited event.

Remember...you know that they read our emotions. Try to give vibes of "everything is ok here", and their love and trust for you might just prevail!
I was very surprised that Callie was the alpha of them to be honest but apparently age can play into that. Ollie will fall into whoever becomes in charge because he is so timid. It would be between Penny and Joey. I actually read some really interesting stuff when I was researching stuff yesterday. When mine have spats with each other they never bite or hurt each other luckily, they just snap or growl at each other. I have Callie’s old thunder shirt I’m going to try on Penny and try to keep the tv a bit louder and stuff. The fire marshal in our area is asking people to please not do their own fireworks and to go watch them but most of the places canceled so not sure how that’s going to go. I’m trying to be happy with them and give new treats and chews.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!