Thread: I'm devastated.
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

I am so very sorry that you have lost your beloved companion! It is especially hard when it comes in such an unexpected manner, and we have no time to prepare. As a therapist, I am sure that you are aware that grieving will be a process which will take time, and offer many ups and downs along the way. Please take care of yourself!

That being said, your question regarding opening your heart to a new little one to love is one that only you can answer. I believe that there are two separate mindsets when this matter comes up. Some need time to heal before they can even contemplate adding a new member. Others, like me, cannot face grieving with "empty arms". I have always made the decision to bring a new baby into our family, not as a replacement for the one that I lost, but as a celebration of the love that having a sweet companion can bring. I still miss each and every one of the many furbabies that I have shared my life with, and shed a tear from time to time for those who have crossed the rainbow bridge.

I will warn you, however, that if you do bring a new member into your life, not everyone will understand. They may accuse you of "replacing" your beloved Cookie...but you know better than that! Make sure that you are truly ready if you are contemplating this move, take the time to feel (and not avoid) your sadness and grief from your loss, and be comforted by the fact that you will still be able to give and receive love as you move on.

You will be in my thoughts at this difficult time. Best wishes to you, whatever you decide!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!