View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 07:06 AM   #16
strawberrycream
YT Addict

Kiss

First I will like to say welcome to the yorkie talk world and to becoming a new mommy. I to am a new member here as well as a new mommy to a precious little girl named BaBe GiRl.. She seems to be doing well on the pee part but sometimes misses the pad for poop time. I've had her for3 days now and in that time has learned alot from other yorkie moms here. You will like it very much as I do already. Take care and give lots of love to your little one for me.

Sincerely, BaBe GiRl & MoMmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophersmom
Hi everyone! I've been reading here for a few days and finally got up the nerve to pop in and say hello. I've learned so much here...more than any books, that's for sure!

I live in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada and we adopted our first Yorkie a month ago. He's now 22 weeks old and just the sweetest thing. We named him Topher (which is short for Christopher).

For 8 years I had a wonderful little mixed breed terrier who was my heart and soul....well, she took ill suddenly with pancreatitis in January and we had to make the difficult decision to have her euthanized. We knew she was in horrible pain so the choice wasn't a difficult one, but I swear my heart will always be broken. We had Nighean for 8 years and our home was so empty after she was gone. I thought the tears would never stop. I still cry when I think about her.

I asked my vet and my groomer that if I were to get another dog, what should I get and both recommended Yorkies. I did lots of research and really loved what I read about them. Things seemed to fall into place as if it were meant to be and I was lucky to find a wonderful breeder who had just the dog for us......so we made the decision and now have this wonderful little fella in our lives. He has brought us so much joy and laughter!

He's been sleeping through the night since we brought him home and will stay in bed (he sleeps with hubby and I) as long as I stay there. I have Multiple Sclerosis and have to rest often so into bed he comes with me for our naptimes....he's such a good little guy.

We're doing well with peepad training (it's just too darn cold outside here...and far too much snow) but having trouble with pooping on the peepad. Can't seem to get that dialed in..lol..but I'm sure it'll come with time. His favorite pastime is taking toilet tissue off the roll in the bathroom and dragging it into his crate...(when we forget to close the bathroom door!)He definitely loves paper of any kind!

Thanks for letting me join into this wonderful place. I know I'm going to learn so much from all of you. You all are much more experienced at this than I so I hope you don't mind that I pick your brains every now and then!

hugs
Val
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!